Why not spend some time working on your upper body? Finding the best chest and tricep workout for you means that you can really attack those muscle groups and enhance your physique. First of all, let’s talk about what a chest and tricep workout is.
This is a routine that is comprised of exercises which target your tricep or chest muscles. Needless to say, much of the time, these workouts also engage your back, bicep, and shoulder muscles too. Many of the moves are strength-based and you will use gear such as resistance bands and free weights too.
Chest And Tricep Regime:
Now that you understand how to create the best chest and tricep workout regime, it’s time to put it into action. Use the moves here as some fitness inspiration and add some of your own too. The more confident you get when it comes to strength workouts, the more variations you can try.
Tricep Extensions: 30 reps
The extension move is relatively straight forward. All you have to do is make sure that you maintain control at all times. This is not a race—take things slow and steady.
- Pick a dumbbell that suits your strength level.
- Stand with your feet a hip-width apart and keep your core strong.
- Hold the dumbbell in both hands and then hold it above your head.
- Make sure that your arms are fully extended when you first start.
- Bend your elbows and bring the dumbbell slowly down behind the back of your head.
- Take this slow and only go as far as feels comfortable.
- Lift the dumbbell back up above your head to the start position.
- Repeat this action 30 times per set.
Related article: Target And Tone Your Entire Arms With These 4 Easy Exercises
Dumbbell Fly: 20 reps
The dumbbell fly exercise works both your chest muscles and your back in one swoop. This is a classic training move that you should most certainly include in your chest and tricep workout for strength. When you’ve mastered it, you can go back time and time again.
- Choose two dumbbells that suit your strength levels.
- Stand with your feet a hip-width apart. Keep your spine straight and your core tight.
- Hold one of the dumbbells in each hand down by your sides.
- Simultaneously lift both arms away from your sides while keeping them straight.
- Move them up to shoulder level, for the best results. Hold for a second.
- Then release your arms and move them back down to your sides.
- Repeat this movement 20 times per set.
Tricep Dips: 30 reps
Here’s another move that will help you to work your triceps easily. All you need to execute this move is a chair (or something sturdy). When you’re curating your chest and triceps workout routine it’s well worth adding this one into the mix.
- Stand with your back toward the chair.
- Make sure that it’s as sturdy as possible.
- Place both of your hands on the chair and then bend your knees at 90-degree angle so that you’re in a crouching position.
- Flex your arms and bend your elbows to dip down.
- Ensure that you are supporting your full body weight as you move downward.
- Next, lift yourself back up to the start position.
- Repeat this movement 30 times per set.
Wide Arm Push-ups: 20 reps
Adding these movements to your chest and triceps workout means that you can strengthen your arms and chest without using a load of gear. You may want to include this move in your chest and triceps workout at home.
- Start by getting into the regular push-up position on the mat.
- Your hands and toes should be supporting your body weight, while your back needs to be straight.
- Move your hands out so that they are wider than your shoulders.
- Slowly press downward by bending your arms.
- Try to get as near to the floor as you can.
- Next, push back up into the starting position.
- Repeat this move 20 times per set.
Related article: How Can I Sculpt Attractive Shoulders? Use This 6 Exercise Workout
Overhead Shoulder Press: 25 reps
As you might imagine from the name, the shoulder press targets the shoulder and back muscles. However, this particular exercise will also engage your chest and triceps. Learning this simple move means that you can create the best chest and tricep workout routine ever.
- Start by choosing a set of dumbbells suit your strength.
- Stand with your legs a hip-width apart.
- Hold each dumbbell in one of your hands.
- Raise your arms and hold the dumbbells upward above your head.
- Bend your elbows at a 90-degree angle.
- Your upper arms should be parallel to the floor while your forearms are straight upward.
- Simultaneously move both arms upward and while keeping the elbow relaxed.
- Bring your arms back to the start position and begin again.
- Repeat this move 20 times per set.
Resistance Band Press: 40 reps
Have you used resistance bands in your chest and tricep workout yet? These versatile pieces of gear will help you boost your strength training while also giving you a really intense session. For this next move, you only need the bands to get started.
- Start by hooking the resistance band underneath your left foot.
- Step your other foot backward so that you are stable.
- Hold the other end of the band with your left hand.
- Make sure that there is some tension in the band.
- Flex your arm upward to pull on the band.
- Keep your elbow tucked in as you move.
- Repeat this movement 20 times.
- Then switch sides and do the move with your right side.
- Repeat 20 times again.