When you started the journey into motherhood, you didn’t realize just how busy life was going to get. These days, carving out some “me time” is almost impossible, let alone making it to the gym. If you’ve ever wondered how you can get in better shape without spending too much time working out, we’ve got some solutions for you.
We’ve all experienced that feeling when there just doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day. Here’s a quick routine you can keep on standby for those days the gym is out of the question, but a good, sweaty workout is still non-negotiable.
In just 30 minutes, you can crush this at-home routine before starting your day. You’ll boost your energy, rev your metabolism, and have one less thing on your to-do list. This quick circuit hits every major muscle group and then some. It will push your muscle endurance and get your heart pumping, giving you a head-to-toe fat-burning workout.
Perform 4 rounds of the following circuit with 15-20 reps (per side where applicable) of the following exercises one after the other with no rest. Rest 60-75 seconds between sets. Complete 4 rounds.
Bulgarian Split Squat:
- Place one-foot laces down on a chair that is behind you.
- Hop your other foot forward so you are approximately a lunge-distance away (A).
- Lower your hips until your back knee is a few inches from the floor (B).
- Drive through your front heel to rise back up to standing and repeat.
Single-Leg Hip Raise:
- Lie on the floor and place one foot on the chair, toes pointed up, with your knee bent.
- Raise your other leg straight towards the ceiling (A).
- Press through your heel and squeeze your glutes to raise your hips (B).
- Hold, then slowly lower back down and immediately repeat.
Single-Leg Decline Push-Up:
- Get into a high plank position with your feet on a chair.
- Raise one foot off the chair a few inches, keeping the leg straight (A).
- Bend your elbows and lower your torso towards the ground (B).
- Keep the abs tight, bracing your spine throughout the movement.
- Stand facing the chair and lean over and grab hold onto the sides of the seat.
- Bend your knees slightly and shift your weight into the balls of your feet.
- Push off the ground and jump your legs to one side of the chair.
- Land softly, then immediately jump back to the opposite side.
- Continue hopping back and forth as fast as you can for all reps.
Seated Knee Tuck:
- Sit with your butt on the edge of a chair, holding the sides of the seat for support.
- Straighten your legs then raise them off the ground, leaning your torso back slightly (A).
- Contract your abs to pull your knees towards your body (B).
- Pause, then extend back out and immediately repeat.
- Sit on the edge of a chair with knees slightly bent.
- Grip the front of the chair with your arms straight and tight to your sides (A).
- Bend your elbows and lower your butt towards the ground, keeping your elbows pointing straight behind you (B).
- Extend your arms to rise back up to the starting position.