Your glutes are the largest and most powerful muscle group in the body. Not only will a toned derriere make you feel confident, but a firm, strong backside will help you in your every day movements as well.
These four best glute exercises are great if you stay consistent. Try each of these exercises for four sets of 20. Choose a weight that is challenging, but not impossible, and take no more the 90 seconds rest between sets.
Ready for the best glute exercises ever? Here we go!
1. Single Leg Step Up
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand up straight
- Place your right foot on the platform and step up
- Push through the heel and step down by placing the foot of your left leg on the platform.
- Make sure to squeeze your glute and pause for 1 second at the top.
- Return to the original standing position.
Related article: 6 Calisthenics Home Exercises That’ll Work Your Abs Butt & Thighs
2. Heels Elevated Hack Squat
- Hold the weight like a goblet with both of your hands.
- While keeping your head and eyes up and back straight, squat until your upper thighs are parallel to the floor.
- To return to the starting position, press through the platform with the heel of the foot and squeezing the thighs and glutes.
- Make sure to squeeze the glutes at the top range of the exercises for 1 second.
Related article: 6 BodyWeight Butt Exercises to Sculpt Head Turning Glutes
3. Straight Leg Deadlift
- Stand with shoulder width stance.
- Start holding the weights in a standing position with your legs straight.
- Lower weights toward top of feet by bending hips and keeping the weight close to your body.
- Hinge back to starting position while keeping the legs straight making sure to squeeze the glutes at the end range for 1 second.
Related article: Stability Ball Workout For Strong Core Abs & Legs
- Push through the heel after lunging, rather than from the front (or the ball/toes) of your foot.
- By doing this, you will activate your glutes.